1. The Dark Knight – $43.8 Million
Never before has a movie captured America’s collective imagination, held America’s collective breath, gripped America’s collective groin, and Cleveland Steamed America’s collective chest since Titanic.
2. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor – $42.4 Million
See here. Also, what a run for Brendan Fraser. Between this and Voyage to the Center of the Earth: 3D, he’s had two top 5 movies in the last month that nobody will ever care about 6 months from now.
3. Step Brothers – $16.3 Million
4. Mamma Mia! – $13.1 Million
5. Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D – $9.4 Million
One time when I was digging in pre-school, I think I saw China.