Check out the trailer for “The Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor” :
Looks pretty shitty, eh? I honestly can’t think of a movie franchise I hate more, and that includes Star Wars, the Matrix and Shrek.
Leave it to Universal to make a $150 million gamble on a movie which has the following things not in its favor:
1. Brendan Fraser reprises his starring role as Rick O’Connell. I maintain that Fraser hasn’t submitted a good performance since “The Scout”… and that was released in 1994.
2. Rob Cohen, the man behind such classics as “XXX,” “Fast and the Furious” and “The Skulls,” directed it.
3. Rachel Weisz is not a part of this installment.
4. Jet Li is in this one, a surefire sign that the producers are desperately resorting to the “Flying Asian” motif this time around.
5. The dragon from the animated “Sleeping Beauty,” originally released in 1959, seems real in comparison to the one featured in the trailer above.
“Tomb of the Dragon Emperor” hits theaters nationwide on August 1st.